Join us Friday, April 29, 2016 at Austin Community College’s new Highland Campus ACCelerator for our first ever UX Hackathon! Tickets are free!
We’re going to be hacking to advance and enhance the online college experience.
HACKER – noun:
One who adds an appropriate application of ingenuity to a problem.
What are we hacking?
We are focused on developing innovative interactive/digital solutions that:
- Strengthen, support and enhance the total college experience for students, employees, and alumni.
- Create unique opportunities for cross-channel community building for the college.
Who can participate?
- Any student actively involved in a degree or certificate program in the Visual Communication Department.
- Students enrolled in the advanced level Spring User Experience II class will be core UX team leads for the Hackathon teams.
- Subject matter experts in user experience and interactive design will serve as UX team mentors at the event.
- ACC students and employees that want to serve as user research interviewees and prototype testers at the event.
What to expect…
Friday, April 29, from 1pm-10pm:
Kickoff, participant pitches, form teams, develop ideas, sprint to complete prototypes and presentations.
Saturday, April 30 from 1pm-3pm:
Teams will deliver presentations to the judging panel, winners selected, prizes awarded.
This event is brought to you by the Visual Communication Department’s UX degree faculty and students in collaboration with our friends from Austin’s User Experience and Interactive Design community.
Hackathon Code of Conduct
By registering and participating in the VisCom UX Hackathon 2016 you are agreeing to abide by the code of conduct posted here.